Sunday, March 3, 2013

He's home!

That's right, Noah Michael Foster is home from the hospital and doing quite well.  It is so exciting to have him home, while at the same time it makes us both quite nervous that we won't have a staff of nurses at our disposal anymore.  This last weekend was quite an adventure for the three of us, so I'll give you a quick recap of what took place.

First we were scheduled to go into the hospital to be induced on the morning of the 28th, at 630 am.  They said to call in case they were real busy, and as it turned out, they were real busy.  We didn't get into the hospital until about 11p that night, so it made for a long day of waiting for a phone call from the hospital.  I got to know one of the nurses fairly well over the phone from talking to her 4 or 5 times that day!  Once we got in, the nurses started the process to induce labor, and it took right away.  I'll spare the gory details, but in short Julie was a champ and only needed the initial medicine to get labor going.  She also was magnificent when pushing out the not-so-little guy, both the doctor and I were really impressed with how she held up and her determination.  Good job honey!! 

The two of us happy he is here!

After Julie got a bit settled, the real excitement began as both set of Grandparents, a few Uncles and an Aunt showed up to hang out with the kid.  Most exciting for me was that my Grandfather was there too, so Noah got to meet his Great-Grandfather right away.  They seemed to hit it off right away! Everyone left after a little bit, and the nurses came and did their work on Mom (Julie!) and Noah.  He was a trooper and slept a good majority of the night, only one quick feeding to speak of. 

Noah with Grandma and Great-Grandpa

Reagan holding her new cousin
The second day his cousins came to visit and they both were excited but guarded for the new addition to the family.  Breckin seemed a bit overwhelmed by the amount of people in the room, and Reagan looked a bit unsure when holding him.  All in all, it was really cool to have them there and I'm sure they'll have many years of hanging out to come.  The hospital has a special dinner that they give to new parents called the Celebration Dinner, which is a fairly fancy dinner for both of us to celebrate the new kid.  It was wonderful!

4 generations of Foster
After that my family came over we found out that he had a bit of jaundice, which is fairly common for babies in Colorado.  He spent the night in a baby version of a tanning bed, and wasn't very happy about it.  The nurse took him for about an hour so Julie and I could get some rest, but after that (around 3a) he slept like a champ and we didn't wake up until after 7a! 

We finished up his tests, got some more sleep, and loaded up with supplies and left the hospital today.  So far he has been fairly good, but he is getting a bit fussy now, I think the change in surroundings might be getting to him a bit.  We'll see. 

There'll be more to come as we figure out what to do with the little fella.  

Noah and his little teddy
Ready to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment