Thursday, July 21, 2011

It was my party!!!

Sorry it has been awhile... but I hope to start to catch back up... so here you go!

About a month ago I turned 29, I still can't believe I am almost 30! It seems a bit scary, but I am sure I will be able to handle it somehow. I had a fantastic weekend with friends and Mikey!

It started out with a fun evening at the Golden Bee at the Broadmoor. It is a piano bar that only seats about 60 people. The piano player kept telling us how much he enjoyed our group's screaming, I mean singing abilities, we were his number one table! Also while we were enjoying ourselves, all the waitresses, the hostess and the piano player threw bumble bee stickers at us. I even got a birthday one that is a bumble bee and a cake! It was a very fun night! This is the piano player and probably what we looked like!


Then on Saturday, Mikey and I made our way up to Denver for a night away from home! We wandered around 16th Street Mall for a little while and then headed out to dinner at Cuba Cuba! It was Cuban food, did you already guess that? Well, I miss Cuban food living in Colorado so I have been looking for Cuban restaurants around town and I finally found one that people rave about. We got there and had to wait for a table, but it didn't take too long and it gave us a chance to get some mojitios and some plantain chips and dip! Very delicious. Then for dinner we ordered the vaca frita, and it was even more delicious! I like Cuban food if you couldn't tell. Then for dessert we ordered a quatro leches chocolate cake. I am not the biggest fan of soggy cakes or breads, but it was pretty good and anything with frosting on top is usually edible! It is in these cute little houses.


Then we headed back to our hotel and crashed in the lovely air conditioning. The next morning after breakfast we got ourselves ready for the How to Succeed at Business Without Really Trying play. It was to our surprise once we got there that it was put on by the disabled actors. All the actors had some sort of medical condition, I am not even kidding, they listed all of them in the program. It was a little distracting at first to have wheelchairs zooming around, but after the first ten minutes we got used to it and we were very pleased with the show they put on. It was an interesting twist we didn't expect, but they did a fine job.


Could you tell we forgot our camera??

Then once we got home we weren't super hungry so we thought going and getting some chocolate fondue would be a great way to finish my birthday weekend! We called Jim and Amanda and they met us at the Mona Lisa in Manitou Springs. They have a wine cellar/basement that you can go to and just get some wine and some chocolate fondue. We got a bottle of red and two types of chocolate. They let us sign the bottle of wine and leave it for the future visitors, so you go you can look for it amongst the bottles on the shelves. Anyways, the fondue was wonderful and it was great to have a fun little double date with Jim and Amanda.

Next up on the blog is probably another weekend in Denver which includes Brian and Kim's wedding, and we actually took a few pictures of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment