Sunday, January 30, 2011

Running Against the Wind

Well, we have another week of marathon/half marathon training behind us, and after last Tuesday's run, I am pretty sure I will be going to the gym to run if I think it might be the slightest bit cold or windy!

We went for a four mile run after work and we were hoping to make it back home before the sun went down... well we didn't. As soon as the sun disappeared behind the mountains the wind picked up and it was freezing. It felt like running in cold water. It was so cold, well not freezing or anything, but it was so cold the whole front side of my body turned red (even under my running pants and two long sleeve shirts). I was just about over a cold I had for a few days, but I think that running in the wind made it really mad at me. After I got home I was exhausted. I think I never wanted to run again!

Wellll... then Mikey came up with his plan to run on Saturday so I felt compelled to go for a run too. It was nothing like Mikey's run, he did 19.5 miles. He ran from Palmer Lake all the way into Colorado Springs, just a few miles away from our house. I keep telling him that he is nuts, but he is one impressive nut that I am really proud of. So my run was only about 5 miles and the weather was perfect! The sun was out and it was 55 degrees, and it was only 9:30 in the morning! So, I think I will just have to suck it up and go to the gym when it is cold and dark outside and wait for spring to bring more 55 degree weather days around!

Besides the running, and the cold that I am now really almost over, not much has been going on... we are just enjoying the -12 degrees outside tonight! I will not be going running outside anytime soon! BUT we are still working on planning our trip to Europe! We have reservations in London, Paris and Istanbul and we are getting really excited to see everything across the pond! I bought a tripod so I can take awesome night pictures of Eiffel Tower, I am a bit excited to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment