Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

It is Julie's first Mother's Day, and we couldn't be more excited about the day!  The celebrations actually started last weekend when we took my Mom out to brunch at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort to celebrate with her.  She went camping this weekend (lucky!) so we did it a week early.  Brunch was quite nice, and Noah even made it through most of the meal without a major meltdown.

Mother's Day Brunch
Also at Mother's Day Brunch

As Spring finally came to Colorado and left most of the snow behind, we discovered a bunny in our backyard.  At this point he is much better than me at getting the dandelions so I'm all for him stopping by regularly.  I tried to show Noah the bunny, but I don't think he can see quite that well yet.

Our bunny!

Mother's Day finally came, so I made some Julie some waffles and we enjoyed a nice morning together with our son.  She really wanted to go for a picnic, so we gathered up the kid, stopped at Subway and headed down to a park just down the road from us.  Noah screamed for a little bit after he ate, but then he calmed down when we laid him down on the blanket, he seemed to like looking at the trees and the clouds.  It was pretty cute.  It started to sprinkle a little bit so we packed up and went home.  I unfortunately had some home repairs to take care of during the evening (more on that in another post), but all in all it was a lovely day!

Noah is a good sleeper
The family picture
It has been a hard day for Dad and Noah!
Happy Mother's Day Mom!
I took a video of Noah being cute, and I wanted to share it here.  I didn't embed it so that the page would load a bit easier for everyone, but click on this link to see him (takes you to YouTube).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-omb84zgFQ

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there (especially our mothers)!  

No comments:

Post a Comment